Friday, January 9, 2009

A MEME MOMENT

I am tired this week and just cannot seem to get up to speed. I think my body is finally saying: take time out to rest and just be- for over a year I have been set on go.....
and also my grief has been hard work- both for the body and the mind. I was never prepared for such a deep pain and sadness and there is no way that I could be prepared- I knew from the beginning of the cancer until the end of the cancer what the out come would be........and yet- I got up every morning with the anticipation of helping papa hubby through another day- I gave him joy - hope- and love- because that is what I felt too-
I did not prepare my self for papa to die but for him to live-- because that is what was the right thing to do at the time- it was not about me, but about him- and now I believe that the Lord is saying-- now it is time for Meme to heal.....
My grief is changing now- to a rest and renewal- I feel like I am just sitting at the feet of Jesus with nothing to say- just laying my head on his knee and soaking in the realization that He cares enough to just let me rest in Him-
I will ask for prayer as this too is new for me- to just stop....
There is much for me to do but it will wait -
I thank you for praying - with hugs from Meme

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Hello Meme
Praying for you during this time of "slowing" down. I pray that the Lord will rest you and give you peace as only He can give.