Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Me in We......

  • I realize that I have not told you a lot of things
  • about me as my mind is still caught in the grief
  • so here is a bit of this and that's
  • I was raised on a farm - with one brother
  • my father was a homesteader and born
  • on his father's homestead in 1910 ( grandpa came from Sweden)
  • mother was also a homesteader's daughter(grandpa came from Scotland)
  • they lived about 3 miles a part -
  • brother has the original homestead now -just over 100 years old
  • the farm that is ..not brother Bill-LOL
  • we did not have running water- unless we ran and got it
  • or indoor plumbing of any kind
  • the old out house is still standing
  • and father and mother build a modern house in 1970
  • our heat was wood cut from the homestead trees
  • dried for a year and then sawed into logs for the heater
  • and split for the kitchen cook stove
  • coming to town was quite an experience for me
  • to have bath tubs and taps and a stove
  • that turned on with buttons
  • I was raised to be a wife........
  • and married at what would be considered now
  • as young but was normal in my life.
  • I was 18 and papa hubby was 27 -
  • he was never considered too old for me--LOL
  • that was how life was in the fifties and sixties
  • we had 2 daughters- Bonita and Tammy
  • I worked part time but only jobs that I was able
  • to do when papa hubby was home so our
  • kids were not baby sat often........
  • I took an rehabilitation practitioner course
  • and worked for 15 years at a group home
  • this was during a time when hubby was injured
  • with his back and had 6 back fusions
  • sadly none of them helped and he was
  • disabled the last 12 years but still very independent
  • we spent most of our time together--
  • when one or the other was not working
  • we did not ever become rich in money
  • but we were rich in love........
  • we both gave our hearts to the Lord in 1987
  • and began our walk with the our Shepherd..
  • I, from watching Billy Graham and papa hubby
  • at the little pentecostal church I made him go too-
  • that is a funny story but I was scared to go
  • as I had heard so many strange stories
  • and when we got there- we discovered a lot of
  • normal folks went there too-LOL
  • we were so blessed by God in that church
  • but sadly it broke down when our pastor retired
  • and many members left -
  • because we took our grand kids to church and
  • we needed one with a Sunday School.. so
  • we found a new church for them- Papa hubby
  • took grand kids to church for 18 years- and
  • I am so glad we/he did........we/I attend a church of the
  • Nazarene now - at papa hubby's memorial service
  • our dear pentecostal pastor was there for us too
  • you will get to notice other things about me as
  • I write here- I am more of an introvert and
  • I will be 61 in May and I don't feel a day over 60 (grin)
  • I clean our church to help my income now that hubby is gone--
  • I love the Lord and I am so thankful for what He has done for me
  • I hang on to my hope--as -- I miss my papa hubby
  • whose name was David Allan- and I know that he
  • is indeed in peace with no pain or sickness or disabilities
  • huggles from Meme
  • THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD!!!!!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Meme, I loved reading about you and who you are. I too am struggling with who 'me' is. I was part of 'we' since I was 15 1/2 and am having a difficult time being just 'me'. I am so thankful your church is there for you and more thankful still to know 'Pappa Hubby' is now resting with our Lord. Perhaps your David and my Terry are enjoying heaven together! Have a great Easter weekend!

Many hugs................

Diane