Wednesday, December 10, 2008

this and that-------

  • checking in - had a busy few days and I stay off the computer until evenings as I get more work done in less time :-)
  • we had a little more snow- but it was also melting today so our white world turned dirty quickly- with the sand mixed into the snow :-)
  • I saw this verse today:
  • THE TONGUE OF THE WISE PROMOTES HEALTH (BRINGS HEALING)-Proverbs 12:18
  • we can use our tongue to bless others, comfort others in sorrow and spread cheer
  • or
  • we can use our tongue to curse, hurt others and gossip.
  • I also found this proverb by Anon.
  • A wise old bird sat on an oak---the more he saw the less he spoke---the less he spoke the more he heard;---Lord, make me like that wise old bird.
  • we can encourage others just by what we say and what we don't say-
  • some one said that: WISDOM IS KNOWING WHEN TO SPEAK YOUR MIND AND WHEN TO MIND YOUR SPEECH.
  • So often I want to say what I think and do not take time to think how these words will wound or heal someone-
  • I am asking God to make me wise in what I say and when I say and how I say and why I say and where I say-- and to hear others.
  • huggles me, Meme aka Oma

No comments: