Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Freeze your own bread dough for another day

--sharing from an old blog= I like to do this now and then so I have some thing if the grand kids come = gives them some thing to do but with a bit less mess-- I only use the basic white or brown bread recipes to freeze so not sure how any fancy recipes would work-- --------------------------------------------------------------- hugs for you----------


Make the bread recipe all the way through the first rise, punching down and forming the loaves or rolls and placing them in the prepared pans. Now instead of allowing the dough to make the second rise, wrap it with plastic wrap tightly and place in the freezer. I take the loaf or buns from the pans once frozen and wrap well to avoid the burn----
When you want to bake, you need to plan ahead. Take from freezer, remove the plastic wrap and set out at room temperature to thaw. It will take about three to four hours for the dough to thaw and another hour or more for the dough to reach the desired rise Then just pop it into the preheated oven as directed by your recipe. (grease pans) = if in a hurry - I will set the pans on top of pan with hot water but do not do the oven raise until thawed=

HUGGLES ME, ( MEME) **Meme aka Oma**(MARILYN CHRISTINE)
The kindness you spread today will be gathered up and returned to you

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Thank you so much for your wise comment you left for me at my blog. I think sometimes I just need to hear exactly this thing when things start to get out of balance. And it is sooooo hard somedays to find the balance!!! So thank you for reminding me.
Also, I am enjoying your blog. I LOVE to read wise advice and you seem to have a lot of that.
I am looking forward to keeping on reading!!